Sunday, 1 June 2008

Keeping My Eye On the Ball

I've written about how, with care and attention, things can slowly come right after a TBI. I'm coming to see how the need for care and attention doesn't really change, though. I've been making good progress with my fatigue and have now managed a working week of 35 hours. Yet, I still need that care and attention. I still need to keep my eye on the ball!

I tried finishing my first week of working 35 hours with a bang! I hung around after work for Friday evening social drinks. And I did so without first neuro-resting. Bad mistake!

I got tired again ... very tired! My old nemesis, long term fatigue, started setting in. That's where where my fatigue builds up and up so that it takes days for my energy levels to recover. Fortunately, I retained enough sense to call it a night about 8pm. I went home and basically collapsed into bed, quickly aware of my mistake. That rapid retreat saved me from bad long term fatigue, but my energy levels were certainly not a 100% during the rest of the weekend.

Yes, my fatigue is a lot better than it was early on, but, no, that I still need to be careful. I still need to wonder if what I'm doing is much outside my new, post-TBI constraints. I still need to keep my eye on the ball!

Cheers,
Mike

No comments: