Saturday, 15 December 2007

At Least It Wasn't Worse!

People often ask me, how do I cope with the amount I have to work on. Indeed, as with many diffuse TBIs, mine left me with all sorts of skills to improve at. Sometimes even I wonder how I keep going! The answer's pretty simple, though - the first part is that at least it wasn't worse!

My accident came extremely close to sending me to my maker twice (the first time was the head injury itself and the second was a pneumonia I caught in hospital). So, if my accident had been even slightly worse, I would be dead. It's as simple as that.

Obviously, almost anything's better than dying. In that vein, if I can't do things that I used to do or that I'd still like to, I never get too worried about it. I might not be doing everything, but at least I'm still here doing some stuff. And that some stuff might be more difficult to do now, but, again, at least I'm still here to try my best to do it.

The second part of my answer to how I keep going is in a separate post here.

Cheers,
Mike

No comments: