Sunday, 6 January 2008

Recovery isn't a Destination, It's a Journey!

I see my recovery as a journey, but I need to be clear on this - I don't think it's a journey with any destination or end-point. I don't think I'll suddenly wake up one day in a mythical place called recovery. Instead, I think of my recovery as a road - one that I'm using as I get better. It's twisty and rutted. I have to pay attention to keep safely on my way. So far, though, it's lead all the way from the scene of my accident to right here, at this computer, right now. It runs on, though, and I will keep doing my best to follow it.

You might not see this as important, but think of the language often used when people talk about recovery. I've put together a few common statements, as well as how I'd reword them, here.

Now, if recovery is a journey, there's still the question, how long will mine take? To tackle that question, I've got another post here.

Cheers,
Mike

No comments: