Sunday, 11 May 2008

TBI Recovery: No Walk in the Park!

Hopefully, I'm making one thing clear on this blog: Recovery from TBI is no walk in the park! It's a complicated, difficult thing to go through. As well as that, each individual case might be very different from other cases! So one person's experiences might have only so much relevance to someone else.

I can honestly say, it's scary to think of the countless ways my TBI has affected me, the countless things I've wanted to improve at, the countless times I've thought, whoops, that could have gone better! Also the stream of problems sometimes seems endless. For instance, I need to relearn how to swallow. Done that? Time to relearn how to walk. Done that? Time to relearn how to run. Doing that? What about relearning how to work or how to fit in, socially? Even now, over three years on for me, it still feels like it never stops.

But I also hope I'm making one other thing clear: Although it's difficult, much can aid TBI recovery. Countless people are willing to help out, countless strategies can be used to cope, countless things can be relearnt. Although the problems sometimes seem never ending, the hope definitely never ends!

Cheers,
Mike

No comments: