Saturday, 3 May 2008

Neuro-Resting at Work

When I described The Neuro-Rest, I talked about how I can take one almost anywhere. One of the most useful places to use it is somewhere you wouldn't normally expect rest to happen - the work place.

My fatigue is mainly a mental thing. I can only concentrate for so long and then things start to go down hill. In the post, The Fatigue Bank Account, I described how I have to make sure I keep my rest up during the day. The extra concentration required at work means I need to be extra careful to stay on top of my fatigue.

A convenient way of doing so is neuro-resting at work. When I feel I'm getting tired, I just find somewhere around with no distractions, say a spare office or somewhere. I don't even have to be lying down; just somewhere with no noise I might focus on.

Given how much I enjoy my work, I think my recovering would be much more difficult if I hadn't realised I could neuro-rest at my work place.

Cheers,
Mike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

neuro rest, huh.
If you have ttime please give me an example of what you do.
I've found that closing my eyes and breathing deeply for 5 to 15 minutes helps my brain rest, I guess it is like a light meditation.

Mike said...

Hey there Anonymous,

Did you see my original post where I introduced the neuro-rest concept? Your brief summary of your light meditation sounds very similar - letting our brains rest is key.

I recently started a new job that's quite a bit more demanding that my previous work since my brain injury. On a couple of weekends, now, I've had to return to neuro-resting to get me through the following week. I'll write a post on it at some stage soon.

Cheers,
Mike