Sunday, 13 July 2008

Mike's World Tour

As I explained in the post, Reasons for My Travel, I had become determined to travel. Yet, I was hardly in a state to throw caution to the wind and jump straight in to such a thing. So I invented Mike's World Tour.

The Tour started with a month long trip to the South East Asian countries, Cambodia and Vietnam. I had always wanted to see those places, they were reasonably close to New Zealand and a trip to them was long and difficult enough for me to work out how able I was to cope with my fatigue and other problems related to my brain injury.

Although not quite flawless, that month went extremely well. I managed to work out how to avoid getting truly fatigued and how to avoid many of the traps that can catch out tourists (particularly brain injured tourists :-). I arrived back home and immediately started planning the proper Mike's World Tour.

I had always been tempted by travel to South America and planned out a 7 month spell there before heading to the northern hemisphere to see friends and travel to Spain and Italy. I had a 12 months away, all up. Again, it wasn't quite flawless, but the trip went wonderfully well. I'll write a lot more about it shortly.

I'd been wondering what to call the post label for posts about Mike's World Tour. I decided that there is one thing I most want readers to take away from hearing about my trip. Don't accept that a TBI confines you to anything. Think outside the box!

Cheers,
Mike

2 comments:

Tracy W said...

Well, think about it, how many backpackers spend most of their time brain-damaged, by alcohol?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.