Sunday, 13 July 2008

Reasons for My Travel

One part of my graph in the post, Breaking the 40 Hour Week Barrier, has a period of me not working. It is marked out as Mike's World Tour and I want to better explain it here.

Picture my situation: I'd taken one hell of a knock to the head and was busy recuperating in hospital and rehabilitation. I wrote here how so many of my friends had either left or were about to leave my home country of New Zealand on international trips to "see the world". In my state, doing such a thing seemed a dream to me.

Eventually, I recovered enough to leave rehabilitation and return to part-time work. I found part-time work exceptionally frustrating: to be so close to the work I loved, but never quite able to properly get involved; to always be leaving work early; to be less of a help and more of a hindrance to the boss I respected so much.

I was fortunate to have options other than work. Savings from a previous job allowed me to think about following my friends on my own trip to "see the world". And so I came up with Mike's World Tour.

Also, I've written more about a thing that was definitely not a motivation for me to travel, TBI Escapicism.

Cheers,
Mike

No comments: